The first step in your career in Real Estate. Become qualified as an accredited real estate salesperson by achieving your New Zealand Certificate in Real Estate (Salesperson).
New Zealand Certificate in Real Estate (Salesperson) is delivered in partnership with The Skills Organisation and is recognised nationally throughout New Zealand.
Contact person: The New Zealand Academy Administrator
- Those who wish to become registered real estate salespersons in New Zealand
- Existing real estate salespersons moving from another country wishing to register as a salesperson
- People from other sectors of the real estate industry wishing to further develop their knowledge or skills in specific areas
- Harcourts managers wishing to have a clearer understanding of what their new recruits are learning
The New Zealand Certificate is a self-paced online course that includes a number of written assessment activities, online interactive practice and support and 1 day in-class reinforcement training and final assessment. Upon enrolment you will have 6 months to complete the course however the average time taken to finish it is approximately 3-4 months.
You Will Learn
Module 1: The real estate legal environment
- Unit Standard 23134 Demonstrate knowledge of law relating to land titles, ownership, and transfer of land
- Unit Standard 22311 Explain aspects of the Unit Titles Act 2010 for real estate personnel
- Unit Standard 26149 Demonstrate knowledge of licensing and code of professional conduct under the Real Estate Act 2008
- Unit Standard 23136 Demonstrate knowledge of consumer protection law related to real estate practice
Module 2: The broader legal environment
- Unit Standard 23141 Demonstrate understanding of legislation as applied to real estate licensees
- Unit Standard 29882 Demonstrate knowledge of the resource management and building law relevant to real estate licensees
- Unit Standard 23135 Demonstrate knowledge of the law of contract and the law of agency in a real estate context
Module 3: Inspection, appraisal and marketing a property
- Unit Standard 23157 Demonstrate knowledge of building styles and materials for real estate personnel
- Unit Standard 26148 Demonstrate knowledge and use of inspection and appraisal for real estate property
- Unit Standard 23140 Develop marketing plans for real estate, qualify customers, and present properties for sale
Module 4: Creating a professional presence and selling real estate
- Unit Standard 15500 Establish a personal professional presence in the real estate market
- Unit Standard 26150 Demonstrate knowledge of methods of sale of real estatein New Zealand
- Unit Standard 23137 Demonstrate knowledge of the sale and purchase agreementand facilitate a sale of real estate
Important Note: Student Expectations
The New Zealand Certificate in Real Estate (Salesperson) program in association with The Skills Organisation is completed by correspondence. With classroom-based training there is a teacher on hand to facilitate student learning and assessment and can be completed faster than training by correspondence. However, there are many benefits to training by correspondence, namely:
- Students can study at any time and at any place. They can maintain a full-time job and complete the program at home or after work.
- Students in regional areas, where there are no classroom delivered courses available, have access to the program.
- Lower course fees.
This is a correspondence program, students must be aware that:
- Correspondence training courses take, on average, twice as long to complete as those delivered in the classroom. Students should allow 3-weeks turnaround time after completing each study unit, longer if re-submissions are required.
- Guidance is via email, phone and an online support forum. It is essential that students use the online support forum to post any questions.
- There is a face-to-face component of the assessment. Please ask the student to contact your local Academy trainer to check for available dates that fit their study time frame before registering for this program.
Note: The cost of the Certificate is not included with the cost of the Harcourts Academy Sales Program.
Harcourts Academy Sales Program
Harcourts offers some the most comprehensive training in the industry. On completion of the New Zealand Certificate in Real Estate (Salesperson), participants go on to complete Sales. The Harcourts Way..
The New Zealand Certificate in Real Estate (Salesperson) is $1,095 (inc. GST) for the 13 unit standards.
Salespersons new to the industry and Harcourts may incur the following additional costs:
- Harcourts Academy Sales. The Harcourts Way.: $632.50 (inc. GST)
- Real Estate Agents Authority Licence: $939.55 (inc. GST)
For all course enquiries and pricing details, please contact us.
For New Zealand legislation and other information visit REA
Harcourts are always looking for great people. However, completing our training does not mean that there will be a position available in your preferred Harcourts office.